Monday, January 30, 2012

It Could Be Worse....

It could be worse...  as I have written before, there are alot of people in situations alot worse than mine.  Moreover, while I may have been one of the unlucky ones among the 500,000 Americans who have been diagnosed with early on-set Alzheimer's (as defined by having a confirmed case and being under 65) at least I have some (undetermined) amount of lucid time left to enjoy life and know that I am... in other words, I have not exactly misplaced all my marbles yet...   (okay... maybe one or two... but I have a big bag of 'em)





However to give you some understanding of  how this disease can effect lives even younger than mine I refer you to a story a couple of Saturdays ago in the Arizona Republic... Dr. Flitman, the neurologist mentioned in the article, is also my doctor.    Click on this link please...



It begins... "Donna Baker just turned 50, and she can't remember how to tie her shoes."









No comments:

Post a Comment