Friday, October 28, 2011

Congratulations St. Louis Cardinals!

Wow... what an unlikely journey to a Championship.  I love baseball because anything can happen.

Friday night's Game 7 win over the Rangers was sort of anti-climatic after the incredible Game 6. So many improbable things...to be within one pitch of winning it all on three separate occasions and then ... not to.  That has to be extremely hard to deal with whether you are a player or a fan.

Not since the 1986 Red Sox, has a team been within one pitch, one strike, one out of winning the Championship three times in a single game.  That year of course, a million hearts were broken all over New England and the rest of Red Soxs Nation as that ball rolled under Bill Buckner's glove at first base.   I know, mine was one of them..

If you did not see either Game 6, it's hard to explain.  But like Yogi said, "...it ain't over till it's over."

I know how those poor fans in Texas feel...   I do....

Everyone says that this Game 6 will one for the ages.   I certainly doubt I will ever see a game like that again in my lifetime.  Perhaps this one will now replace that 1986 Red Soxs Game that comes up when you Google "Worst Baseball Loss In History."

  
...one for the ages...  after the meltdown of my beloved Red Soxs this year... again...,  I wonder if I will ever see them win another World Series...   ... well... probably not in my lucid lifetime.   Anyway, those were great memories...

And thanks for going to Fenway with me last year Mick... even if the Yankees did lose we still had a good time.  That will make for a great memory son...

I wonder if they have baseball in heaven?   Ted Williams may be still be a frozen pop sickle  in Scottsdale, but I've always wanted to meet that guy... that may be my best chance to talk fly fishin' with the "Splendid Splinter"...

No comments:

Post a Comment